“Minnesota Moose” Weekend
November 7th – 9th, 2014
- Friday, November 7: Wine and appetizers; mingle and meet guests in the Main Lodge. Wine provided, optional opportunity to share and show off your favorite appetizer or snack.
- Saturday, November 8, 10 AM: Steve Robertson, USFS wildlife biologist, presents Natural History of Moose. Learn about the life cycles of moose in Minnesota. Bring your questions!
- Saturday, 1 PM: Dr. Seth Moore, nationally recognized moose researcher and director of Grand Portage Trustlands Biology and Environmental Sciences Department, presenting current moose research information. Dr. Moore was featured in this article and video from the New York Times, and is recognized as one of the foremost authorities on moose.
- Saturday, 3 PM: Moose Safari, follow our maps to the likely moose hang-outs along the Gunflint Trail and try your luck at spotting a moose in Minnesota’s best moose habitat.
- Saturday, 6 PM: optional dinner in the Main Lodge Be sure to make reservations if you plan to join us for this. Click here to see our dining page for sample restaurant menus. Prices are very reasonable.
- Sunday 11/9: Complimentary Northwoods pancake breakfast in the Main Lodge.
Moose Shop: We stock up on additional moose-themed gift shop items for this event. Plan to bring home a moosey souvenir of your weekend.
Additional nights before and after the Minnesota Moose Weekend are available in many of the cabins and lodges.
Rates for Bearskin classic and luxury lakeside cabins range from $139 to $295 per night for this weekend. (It’s Value Season; your lodging is a bargain.) All weekend highlights included at this price. Dining in the restaurant on Saturday night is also offered at an additional price.
A portion of all proceeds from Bearskin Lodge “Minnesota Moose” Weekend will be donated to support additional research on the health of the Minnesota moose population.
Fall Work Weekend
Join us for the 4th Annual Bearskin “Work Weekend” | October 25 & 26, 2013| $99 per person for the entire weekend
Work weekend 2014 starts Friday, October 31, which makes it the perfect getaway for people who want something fun to do over Halloween weekend that doesn’t involve an embarassing costume. We promise to fill your trick or treat bag with a little Halloween candy!
Join the Bearskin crew for the final trimming on Bearskin’s miles and miles of wilderness Ski Trails. Check into your Bearskin cabin Friday night. Join the crew Saturday morning, November 1, on the trails for final hand trimming. Work until 1:00, then head back to your cabin for a late lunch. Join us Saturday night for dinner in the main lodge. Checkout on Sunday morning, November 3. All for only $99/person. Of course, we expect a little trail clearing work from you in exchange for the great price, but we promise the emphasis will be on the “weekend” not “work.”
This was really fun for everyone last year. We have jobs of varying difficulty available, but most of what we do involves taking a pleasant hike on trails while nipping off overhanging branches — an enjoyable way to spend a few hours, outdoors and in good company. Make it a part of your fall tradition.